Well it obviously isn’t the holidays yet, we are just finishing up our summer, but it will come sooner than you think. What is your plan of action to beat the bulge over our upcoming holiday season. You may be asking yourself “Why should I be worrying about the holidays right now?”. Well the fact of the matter is that most people worry about the holiday weight gain after the holidays are already finished and they have gained 8 pounds. Sounds like twisted thinking to me, but it happens year in and year out. Why do you think that health club memberships go crazy on January 1? Because people don’t prepare.
The best case scenario is that you work out all year long and the holidays isn’t such a big deal for you because you have such a great metabolism that you burn off all of the food that you have consumed and you exercise regularly. How many of you are already doing this? If you aren’t, then here are 5 surefire ways to get your body ready for the onslaught of food that is to come.
1. Start Exercising Now!!! – Don’t wait until it is too late. If you do, then your metabolism won’t be high enough to burn the extra calories you will be eating. A great way to get started on an exercise program is to join my boot camp. I have proven methods for getting you in the best shape possible in the shortest amount of time. Go to www.BootCampNovato.com for more information and success stories. I even offer a 1 week free trial as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Once again…Don’t wait until it is too late!
2. Start getting into better eating habits – It is important to get into good eating habits now, so that you don’t carry over your bad eating habits into the holidays. My two biggest recommendations are eat 5 -6 small meals per day and drink plenty of water. Both of these things keep your body in a fat burning atmosphere. When you eat several times per day, you aren’t very hungry at each meal time, so you eat less. With water, when you are well hydrated, you feel fuller and you eat less. EATING LESS + EXERCISE = FAT LOSS AND HIGHER METABOLISM!!!!
3. Mentally prepare yourself for each party or family gathering you go to – How many times have you been caught up by thinking how much you get to pig out during a holiday meal? “Ooooh, I can’t wait to have mom’s pecan pie, oh and Aunt Jane’s famous spinach dip.” We start thinking and getting excited about the plethora of foods that we are going to eat. Set yourself up for success and commit yourself to have a little bit of everything and go for a walk when you are done. It will help the food get through your system and make you feel better about doing well.
4. Chow down on some veggies before you arrive – Vegetables are high in fiber and if you read my previous blog post you know that fiber makes you feel full amongst many other things. That way when you get to the party you really aren’t hungry enough to chow down too much.
5. Start eating healthier and cleaner right now – When you get used to eating healthy foods your body doesn’t crave the sweets and high fat foods that is served at parties. Your body just doesn’t like eating poison when it is clean and free of all that stuff. Once you take a couple of bites, your stomach is going to let you know how unhappy it is.
I hope this helps you prepare properly for what is to come. I hope to see you out at Novato Adventure Boot Camp!
In good health,